Ultrasound – Level 1 Course
Standard program subject to variations in accordance with each specific event
- Registration of the participants and introduction to the course
- Ultrasound instrumentation
- Ultrasound-tissue interaction
- The Doppler technique
- Basics of two-dimensional ultrasound technique
- Configuration of an ultrasound system and different softwares available
- Image processing
- Image optimization
- Documentation and image archiving
- Scanning planes
- Ultrasound and human anatomy
- Three-dimensional ultrasound tecnique
- Acquisition of images and volumes
- Indications and limits of the three-dimensional ultrasound tecnique
- Legal medicine: execution, interpretation and report of the ultrasound examination
- Organization and management of an ultrasound service
- Practical exercises on virtual reality ultrasound software and imaging of female and fetal anatomic regions
- Evaluation Test
- Closure of the sessions
Ultrasound – Level 1 target audience:
- Postgraduates in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Postgraduates in General Surgery
- Postgraduates in Urology
- General Surgeons
- Number of participants: 20-40
- Number of simulation workstations: 2
- Number of teachers: 3 – 6
Course learning goals
After completing the course, the attendants will be able to:
- Acquire the principles of ultrasound imaging.
- Be familiar with both 2D and 3D ultrasound system.
- Acquire the notions necessary to perform correct scanning planes.
- Acquire notions of female pelvic anatomy and fetal anatomy in ultrasound field.
- Simulate the ultrasound imaging of the female anatomy with no pathologies.
- Be acquainted with the modalities of interpretating and reporting the ultrasound examination.
- Create and appropriately organize an ultrasound service in both public and private sector.
Available Ultrasound – Level 1 Courses
|To be defined
||To be defined